Trio Foundry, Inc. began producing brass, bronze, and aluminum sand castings in 1909 at 629 S River Street in Aurora, Illinois. Trio provided quality sand casted parts to diverse manufacturers located throughout Chicagoland from the Company’s inception. After more than 100 years in business, Trio Foundry, Inc. remains a family owned and operated business. As a portion of Trio’s customers left Aurora and Chicagoland for lower cost manufacturing regions our castings have followed them. We currently supply parts across the United States, within NAFTA, as well as foreign export.
During the 1980’s, the Sandwich Casting Division was acquired, enabling significant size and volume capability in our aluminum products offering. In 2000 we added an in house CNC milling and turning department for our customers’ requirements. Our ability to offer the entire process, from part conception through finished part manufacturing was completed by the addition of the machining department to our product manufacturing.
In 2004 we completed our ISO 9001 registration. In 2007, we began construction of a new “green field” foundry site located in Montgomery, Illinois. We began production in our new facility in 2008 adding significant new automatic molding, and large casting molding lines, all supported by new state of the art electric melting furnaces.
Our Montgomery site is a truly “green” foundry, designed with future energy and environmental demands in mind. In 2008 we accomplished our goal of having casting production with machining under one roof, as our new facility contains room for both production areas. We continue to add to our machining capacity, most significantly with our additional 4 axis capability capacities and live tooling machines.